ScoutWikiBooks : Scouting for boys (English)
There is a website where the book is published here : thedump.scoutscan.com but we can't copy the text from the pdf. So we can try to hack the file (I can't) or to contact the webmaster of the website. In France, we have an association, Le Réseau Baden-Powell (BP Network) which permit to see a lot of document without being able to copy. We tried ro find a way to collaborate but his policy was strict and they didn't help us for the books of the french writer Guy de Larigaudie. I think the policy of The Dump should be the same but we can try to contact the webmaster. Florian 13:15, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, I read and it seems it will not work. We can try to contact the webmaster, we may have a good surprise. Otherwise, I tried to crack the file with a free version of PDFKey, I cracked 28 pages (the 28 first pages of each chapter). We must think about this and about the conscience problem : we just avoid to the same work one more time and the book will be in the public domain BUT we doesn't respect the wish of the webmaster. Such a dilemma! Florian 10:13, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- Let us wait a year with the works of Robert Baden-Powell and start with authors whose death was earlier. I can convert most pdf to html (and wiki if needed) --Egel 18:57, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
I think I don't understand what you wrote : even there is a password, you're able to convert a pdf to something else or you're volunteer to convert pdf to wiki? For the works of BP, we have a problem in English (in fact, it's not really a problem because we've books which can make the work easier instead of having nothing), but we have books in Spanish and nothing in other languages. So I think, we maybe can work on the books of BP in other languages (we work on that in French).
If we crack thedump's pdf in a year, will it be more respectful? I'm not sure. In fact publishing books of BP in English could be a way to "make the buzz". Florian 09:19, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
- Even if there is a password, I am able to convert a pdf to something else like html or the wiki "markup language".
- The Dump has an agreement with "The Scout Association", the present copy right holders of the works of B-P, that allows the Dump to publish those works in the way it is published on the Dump at the moment. The Dump had to pay 500 Pound to do so. We have the choice to contact "The Scout Association" and ask for a similar agreement or just wait a year. 
- The Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License used by The Dump has no effect on the elements that are in the public domain. But maybe we should attribute the Dump for digitizing the work.
- --Egel 18:31, 12 January 2011 (UTC)